Subject: Re: [Leica] I am probably crazy, but...
From: "Doug Lee" <drlee9@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 22:01:45 -0500

Thanks to all who have responded. I am overwhelmed, to say the least. To
respond to some comments, in no particular order:

I am taking 2 M bodies and 2 Nikon bodies. Also, two tripods. The Ms will
each have a 35mm (one Summicron, the other the Summilux). If I shoot from
the roof, I will use the Nikon and the 24-120 zoom. I would prefer to use
the Leica. I may be able get a platform to stand on if needed.

I can't lie about who I shoot for since my daughter is in the group. BTW,
this is a group shot. The first words out of mu mouth when my wife told me
about it was "This would be a great time to have a medium formt camera". Oh
well.

I am going to talk to my local photo lab and see what I can work out with
the owner. I might even be able to borrow some equipment from him. He is an
ok guy.

As far as being the first step towards making money. I don't know. Don't
think I'm ready for that, but I wouldn't rule it out.

After my last encounter with stupid photographer tricks, I plan on being
very prepared. I am shooting pictures for the high school drama club
tomorrow night along with another dad. They are having a complete run thru
and we are shooting photos to be used as promo shots in the lobby of the
auditorium. Already got the cameras loaded and ready to go. I got at least
two of everthing including lightmeters in case I whip out the M2!

Thanks again.

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] I am probably crazy, but...)
Reply from Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com> (Re: [Leica] I am probably crazy, but...)
Message from "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com> (Re: [Leica] I am probably crazy, but...)