Subject: [Leica] Re: Adam's Week 9 PAW
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 04:44:35 -0600

Adam:

>Alternate #1 is my son waiting to walk out the door to enlist in the Navy
>
><http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2002PAW/large-images/EGB-Navy-001-R1.jpg>
>
>Alternate #2 is the next morning after passing all the physicals etc.
>
><http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2002PAW/large-images/EGB-Navy-003-R1.jpg>
>
>And finally the PAW of the week is Erik being sworn in. There are three
>other fellows swearing in at the same time. His mom is watching with pride
>and mixed emotions in the background.
>
><http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2002PAW/large-images/EGB-Navy-017-R1.jpg>

I don't get any of that from the pictures.  In the first one, I don't even
see the door.  Or anything that indicates he's about to go to the navy.  In
the second one, he's wearing a name tag while standing in front of vending
machines.  In the last one, it looks like he's doing something--what, I
can't tell--but I don't get the feeling that the out of focus lady in the
background is important to the shot.  Maybe she belongs to the anonymous
elbow on the right.  :)

For the last shot, I'd suggest taking a picture that includes the other two
recruits being sworn in as well as the administrating officer.  I'd guess
his uniform would be a big tip-off as to what's happening.  I'd be surprised
if you couldn't find a recruiting poster to include, too.  If not in the
swearing in picture, just as one in the series to give some background.

Don't get me wrong.  These are wonderful memories for you.  They just don't
convey what your words do.  That's the really hard part.

Eric