Subject: [Leica] OT: B&W labs (and color, too)
From: Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:45:33 -0500

Folks,

Here in Cincinnati, Ohio, I have found a GREAT little one person shop,
which only does B&W, to handle all my small stuff (up to 16x20).  What I
like about this lab is that her focus is quality, not quantity.  All of
her prints are printed with a traditional enlarger and she will burn and
dodge to her standards.  Her standards are very high.

Now I need to find another lab for my big stuff, prints up to 50 inches
in height.  Ideally I would like to find a lab similar to the one I have
already found:  A one person shop that puts quality first.  If I cannot
find that, I am willing to work with a bigger lab.

Does anyone know of such a lab?

I also have the need for this type of personal service from a color lab,
also.  Does anyone know where I can find a really good one person color
lab?

Sam Carleton

P.S.  I won't give out the name of the lab in Cincinnati.  The owner,
Vicky, has opted to cut back her hours and stop excepting new customers
because of some life changes.  Sorry:(  It is a lose to all of us, I was
hoping to talk her into printing Fiber again, but that is simply out of
the question:(