Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mmDR Summicron for M6 WORKS FINE ON MY CLASSIC M6
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:52:37 -0800 (PST)

- --- Mark Kronquist <mak@teleport.com> wrote:
> NOT SURE WHERE THIS COMES FROM
>
> I have been using a DR Summicron with and without eyes on
> my Classic M6 for
> years without a problem

    As I understand it, ( oops, sounding like a lawyer ),
there were complaints that the photocell was reflecting off
the back element of some lenses.  so the light baffleing
was redesigned to correct this.  The newer style baffleing
interfears with the back of the 50 DR.
    If someone knows otherwise, please correct this.