Subject: [Leica] Leica SLRs
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:41:07 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for all the replies on the whirling sound of
the R6.2.

Since I got an R4 as well, without instructions, I run
into additional problems and hope someone here can
walk me through it.

On metering in "AE" mode...
How do I lock the exposure after taking a reading and
than recompose for taking pictures. I tried pressing
the shutter release to take up the slack, thus
iluminating the auto shutter speed, but as soon as I
recompose (say to a darker area), the shutter speed
lid up to another shutter range. Thus screwing up the
exposure. It there something wrong with this camera?

On "manual" mode...
Upon pressing the shutter button half-way, the correct
shutter speed lights up, then I have to either adjust
the aperture (which is displayed in the viewfinder),
or adjust the shutter dial (which is NOT displayed in
the viewfinder), how can I adjust the shutter speed
without taking my eyes away from the finder. It seems
in manual mode, the metering is not coupled with the
shutter speed.