Subject: Re: [Leica] Canada build vs German build
From: "wwk001" <wwk001@netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 00:33:30 +0800

Leica actually uses more than 1 manufacturer. An typical example is the
180/2 APO, (could be a rumour) Leica got the glasses for different
components from at least 3 manufacturers for this lens.

Personally I saw 2 brand-new 50/1.4M lens (with serial number not far away)
with visually different color of coating. The seller told me that Leica
could use different coating to 'tune' glasses from different makers, giving
identical optical performance.

Frank W.