Subject: Re: [Leica] Canada build vs German build
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:22:07 -0500

At 02:54 PM 3/20/02 -0800, Photo Phreak wrote:

>    to the best of my knowlege, this is not true.  Unless
>it was sold off during the breakup, Leitz/Leica owned all
>or part of a glassworks as a subsidiary.

Leitz owned a glass laboratory, not a glassworks.  Leitz, and now Leica,
has always used glass from a variety of suppliers -- currently, their two
largest are Schott and Hoya but they also use glass from elsewhere.  The
quality is what matters most, followed by price, of course.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Canada build vs German build)