Subject: Re: [Leica] Looking for Comments on 80/1.4R
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:29:37 -0500

Well, as the 80 is very similar to the 75 for the M I would say wide open
would be softer but by 5.6 your technique would be the determining factor.

May I suggest either a Softar or some black netting as an approach to
softening the 100?  Unless this is an excuse for SWAMBO in which case see
below for cutting and pasting.

The 80 Summilux between 1.4 and 4.0 is a fabulous portrait lens.  Sharp
without the really fine lines ruining a perfectly good portrait.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Message from Michael Bell <mbell@mail.utexas.edu> (Re: [Leica] World's Oldest Photo)
Message from "G. Michael Paine" <mickeyp35@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] World's Oldest Photo)