Subject: [Leica] Re: OT new monitor
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 08:14:19 -0500

>You have an old card.....  best to spend maybe $50 and upgrade it

Frank,

Thanks very much for the technical info for the card.  I'll put
some feelers out through my nephew.  He's a computer geek and has access

to a bunch of old parts cheap.  I'm planning on buying a new
computer, so I don't really want to spend anything on the old one.

The only reason I'm holding off on replacing it now is that I plan to
make the jump from PC to Mac and I don't want to spend the time playing
with
the new OS until after the semester is over. But it's awfully tempting
now I have this
big monitor on my desk!

In the mean time, I can do what I need to do at 256. It's very nice
being able to open a
word doc and see what looks like almost an entire sheet of life-size
paper. I think it's going to make writing much more natural, especially
text editing.

Serious photo work is going to have to wait a bitn anyway.  I want to
set up a digital darkroom, but I don't have the time or the money right
now.  So I'm just doing it in stages, and this was #1.

For Feli: I don't know if this one is the Pressview.  It just says
"LaCie electron 21/108" on it.  They forgot  to send the
driver/documentation disc to me.  Mild yelling will commence Monday
(they also forgot the hood, though it is on the invoice). If I remember,

I'll ask what a Pressview is.

Simon Stevens