Subject: Re: [Leica] Robert Stevens PAW 12, Not Starbucks,75mm Summilux
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:39:47 -0400

Don:

I would have not noticed the distractions in the background unless you
pointed them out.  I was bothered by the chair in the foreground
though.  The out of focus items I think add to the ambiance of the
picture.  It is a picture of a person reading a paper in a busy cafe.  If I
had eliminated the person in the background and perhaps the chair to the
left, it would have just been a person reading a paper.  It could have been
in her own kitchen, if it was cropped too tight.  I really couldn't get any
closer without sitting in the chair at her table.  I was at the next table
sitting down and shooting from my seat.

Regards,

Robert