Subject: RE: [Leica] Scan through GEPE AN glass slide mounts?
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 15:34:20 -0000

Dante,

On an Nikon LS4000, I can see patterns in the scan (at 100% mag) from the AN
glass - if you mount them the usual way. If you put the clear side up
instead, I haven't had any problems but hello Newton rings. If you are using
the slides for something else besides scanning maybe use the slide mounts as
they result in the best flatness for depth of field challenged scanners such
as the LS4000. If you aren't projecting your slides as well, I'd keep them
in strips and use the strip film holder your scanner is supplied with - if
you have one. I keep everything in strips now, I didn't find enough of a
difference between glass mounted slides and strips in the holder to warrant
the extra hassle and Newton rings. Just IMO of course. :)

Cheers,
Neil