Subject: Re: [Leica] Canada build vs German build
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:33:55 EST

marc - getting smaller:

you simply insist on putting your foot in your mouth and then compounding
your sin by jamming it down your throat. Put another way, you seem to love
teeing up your jaw and inviting me to mangle your face all up. It appears
that whenever you see Seth - or Rosner - you respond  as though to a muleta.
You should bear in mind that in the overwhelming number of instances, the
bull gets a curved blade thrust in the back of his neck that bends downward
and pierces his heart and he bleeds to death, an ignoble way for a noble
beast to die. Not that you are that sort of beast.

The difference between the muleta and me is that I am not deliberately
taunting you (as you do me and many others on this list) but merely pointing
out errors in your statements when I see them.

marc, we should be able to have honest differences of opinion without your
habitual snide nastiness. We can also differ on matters of fact, but a fact
is a fact and if we differ, one of us will be right and the other wrong. I
think I have even acknowledged being wrong on this list, something I do not
ever recall from you.

In a message dated 3/23/02 1:53:04 AM Eastern Standard Time, msmall@infi.net
writes:
> At 11:07 PM 3/22/02 EST, SthRosner@aol.com wrote:
>  >My post made no personal reference to you whatever, save to point out
your
>  >mistake.

>  Uh, Earth to Planet Seth?  Whether you made reference to me is irrelevant.

....... wasn't irrelevant to me; my point was that I didn't taunt you but
then you have amply demonstrated that you have the sensitivity of a ..........

>  Your original post is bunk.  I stated that Leitz never had a glass factory;
>   you posted, with appropriate harumphs, several citations that proved Leitz
>  never had a glass factory.
>
>  Seth, Leitz nor Leica has ever had a glass factory.  Whatever is the
>  problem in this?  To the rest of us, the distinction between a research
>  facility (laboratory or, in the regions of the US outside of your domain,
>  "lab") and a production facility (we call them factories but your
>  Harvard-educated intellect probably has some fancier phrase) is plain.
>  Gosh, but there really IS a difference between a lab and a factory.  If you
>  don't KNOW the difference, and if G C. Merriam Webster cannot educate you
>  on the difference between this difference, come on down to Virginia,
>  brother.

...........some of the finest lawyers I know and some of my best friends
practice law in Virginia. It goes without saying that you are not among them
on either count.

>  We are probably just plain hickseeds in your New York mind --
>  but, gosh, we DO have some cutting-edge optical labs locally (the ITT Night
>  Vision Lab is five miles from me as I write these admittedly exasperrated
>  words) and we hickseeds can generally understand the difference between
>  FACTORY and LABORATORY.
>
>  Seth:  Leitz had a glass laboratory.  They closed this around 1986.  Leitz
>  never had a glass factory.  Leica has never had a glass factory.  If you
>  have any knowledge that Leitz or Leica has owned, managed, controlled (in a
>  legal sense, you Harvard buzzrard, you!)

........you cannot even get that fact right. I did apply and was accepted to
the Harvard Law School but: Wesleyan University A.B., Columbia University Law
School, J.D., New York University School of Law, LL.M. (in Comparative Law),
Faculte de Droit et Institut de Droit Compare, Universite de Paris, (J.S.D.
study and research), adjunct professor of law, N.Y.U. Law School (1961-89),
full-time practicing lawyer.

> ..... or othewise managed a glass  factory, pray, allow us the knowledge of
this -- and cite your sources!

It suddenly occurred to me why you have taken this issue so to heart: Carl
Zeiss is the answer. You are a Zeiss person and since Zeiss acquired the
Schott glass factory - I believe I have that right, don't I? - it is hard for
you to acknowledge that Leitz might have gone Zeiss one better by developing
its own glass laboratory/factory without having to buy an existing one,
n'est-ce pas?

As to sources, I have already cited my sources. Don't you read? Here was my
first post on this subject:

Subj:   Re: [Leica] Canada build vs German build