Subject: [Leica] B/W digital printing options
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 11:41:23 -0500

I have a question about desktop printing of B/W images, taken on Leicas
(too keep subject on topic!).

What options are available for high quality monochrome prints up to
11x14, or so?

I obtained a sample of the Cone Piezography process, and it's
beautiful.  But I have some concerns about the product:

Cone seems pretty expensive and, as I understand it, Epson isn't exactly
making it easy to use it on their newer printers. If you have to use of
largely obsolete printers, I wonder how long the investment would be
usable.  Also, I think Cone requires Photoshop, which is massive
overkill and there isn't yet an educational discount to bring down the
$600 cost. If I can avoid PS, Tiffany3 is more my kind of price.

Are their quality B/W printer alternatives available/on the horizon?  Or
do I have to start saving my pennies?

Simon Stevens

Replies: Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] B/W digital printing options)