Subject: RE: [Leica] Darkroom Question
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 07:48:58 -0800

You stand the chance of getting bubbles from an overly active stop bath.
The bubbles act as little pin holes in the negs.  There is a lot of
commentary about the phenomenon, some say it happens, others say it is
impossible.  Something happened to me just once, and I do not use the acid
stop any more.

Bottom line, in understanding the chemistry of the stop bath.....
Developers work in alkaline environments.  The purpose of the stop is to
make the environment acidic, such that the developer action is immediately
stopped.  This gives you a consistent process.

Use  1/2 the amount of stop as you might think, it is still enough.  I
personally have switched to a water rinse ( no acid stop) between developer
and fix.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] Darkroom Question)