Subject: Re: [Leica] Uh.... earth to wannabe lawyers
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:54:53 -0500

Two points on this thread from personal experience.  Some lawyers get
traffic ticket information from the local clerk of the court and solicit
clients.  That is the only way my current situation could have come about as
I had contact with the person who is suing me weeks after the accident and
she seemed content that all was being taken care of.

Second, my father in law was the chief expert witness for  Bunn O Matic
Corporation(the coffee maker).  When the insurance company decided to settle
suits it seemed every wait person in the country started to file suits
related to burns caused by broken carafes.  What was worse, as they settled,
some unscrupulous lawyers used the act of settling as ammunition to force
more suits.  Some of you know the drill: Sally Sue just received a check for
$500 when she was burned by hot coffee, why don't you give me a call.  All
you have to do is sign a few papers and the check will arrive shortly.