Subject: [Leica] A Land Without Lawyers
From: "Robert Rose" <RJR@usip.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:24:09 -0800

Wow.  This is my kind of forum, what with me being a lawyer who uses
Leica cameras without filters with black tape over red dots.

Want to know what a country is like without lawyers?  A few years ago I
spent some time in Moscow.  I assume it hasn't changed too much:

Door knobs with points that stick out and rip clothes and body parts
Steps that are slippery and dangerous
Noxious fumes wherever
Cars speeding and aiming at pedestrians
Counterfeit products sold on street corners
Trademarks that are meaningless; Stoli vodka that was probably battery
acid
Ponzi schemes masquerading as "banks"

Does anyone here want to return to sweat shops, rotten food, unsafe
drugs?

Oh, yes, and what about blatant copying of photographs?

Get the picture?

Now let's get back to shooting and discussing Leica cameras.

Bob Rose