Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 12 ~ Kollasch
From: Matt Kollasch <matthew.kollasch@uni.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:45:31 -0600

The toughest part of shooting the mayor was trying to get some good shots of a
man who spends a lot of time at his desk asking and fielding questions...
talk of a crack house the cops busted over the weekend is not as dramatic as
the bust, so there you are camera at hand hearing great stories, but...  as i
look at my contacts i have a lot of the mayor sittin' at his desk.  i don't
have a lot of camera gear, but having a 2 bodies (all i have) was helpful that
day.  and boy does the leica work well in a setting like this ... whisper
quiet exposures of the m and a then the louder exposures with the bessar r
(but still not a problem).  it was also interesting to see how the staff paid
very little attention to me.  ted had given me some pointers on staying as
inconspicuous as possible and i followed them and they worked quite well.

i am thankful for of the verical blinds and that it was a sunny day so i could
capture some natural light streaming in from the west...  thanks for you
comments bill.  /matt

Bill Harting wrote:

> Nice subject, difficult subject, the mayor. I was reminded of Smith's
> pictures in the recent Pittsburgh show in which he attended mayoral
> meetings, and was able to see and capture the kinds of tensions and
> competitions that attend a mayor's functioning, the emotions on faces
> representing rival ideas. Worthy effort.
>
> -bh

 Matthew A. Kollasch, Director
 Instructional Resources & Technology Services
 College of Education   SEC 222   ~ 319.273.6145 voice
 University of Northern Iowa        ~ 319.273.6997 fax
 Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614-0609     ~ matthew.kollasch@uni.edu

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: PAW 12 ~ Kollasch)
Message from "Bill Harting" <wharting@adelphia.net> (Re: [Leica] PAW 12 ~ Kollasch)