Subject: Re: [Leica] was leica marketed as a professional camera or a hobb
From: "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:06:38 -0500 (EST)

yes, it's the 15'th ed.  i bought it accidentally because i thought it was
a david vestal book, but it was a happy accident.  although it extols the
virtues of the M5 and SL as the cutting edge (in 1973), the book contains many
fine photographs and articles by photographic luminaries.  i highly
recommend it to any leica enthusiast.

www.abebooks.com have several as low as $18.00.

- -rei

> From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
>
> Kyle, you should get a copy of the 15th edition (I think), the one published
> in 1973.  Some really good articles geared toward the at least advanced
> amateur level.  And some excellent photos as well, with a great
> photojournalism section with PP winning photos from Vietnam taken with
> Leicas.  Borrow it from the campus library, or pick up cheap at a swap meet.
> Sell the earlier version on ebay as a rare collectable for a tidy profit.
> ;-)

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com