Subject: [Leica] I Can See Clearly Now / Diopter / BHCC
From: "Robert D. Baron" <rbaron@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:40:27 -0600

Last Saturday I was in LA and dropped in to visit at Beverly Hills
Camera Centre, the new stop on the Leica trail.  Owner Nigel is very
knowledgeable and accomodating and I'd give him a 'must see' if I were
writing a Leica tour guide.

He's got a large selection of gear (and Crumpler bags) and he uses it
and understands how it works.

As I was gathering up to leave he asked if there was anything else he
could help me with and I said 'yes, get my 75mm Summilux shots to be in
focus'.  He said 'have you tried a diopter correction eyepiece'?  He
then put various strengths on my M6 and I was surprised to see how much
improvement I got with the +.5 version.  My eyes already being corrected
to a fare-thee-well with both contact lenses and reading bifocals I had
thought no additional correction to the viewfinder of this high-priced
camera would be needed.  Wrong again.

Thanks, Nigel.

- --Bob Baron / Oklahoma City