Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW-Week 8 & 9-SlideOne
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 08:10:38 -0500

John, sorry to be commenting so late but sometimes...

The portrait in the hospital appears to be a normal family snap.  Not being
there I can't make much useful comment.  Try going to Ted's site and go
through the links for his medical pictures.  By now you may have noticed I
like a lot of dark tones in my pictures so that may by why I am not
responding to the picture.  If it was possible I would try again with the
room lights off shooting into the window light.

The abstract, http://slideone.com/PAW2002/week08alt.02.html
is something I try to do fairly frequently.  In this case the buildings in
the background take away from the image.  I do like how you included the
street light as part of the mobile.  To make this image work you might have
to show only part of the mobile and use a orange to red filter to make the
sky pop.  Another way to approach these abstracts is to use a telephoto to
really throw the background OOF.

Thanks for sharing.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com