Subject: RE: [Leica] spot AE (was M7 Metering)
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 10:02:01 -0500

Marc Attinasi told us that...

AE spot metering has worked fine for me on my OM-4 and R4, and they are
even tighter spots. Yes, use your brain and meter on what you want
neutrally exposed, lock, shoot.
- ----
And then added that...

3-d matrix metering is silly - where's the fun in that?

- -----

Try working in a fast moving, and/or potentially dangerous situation where
you absolutely must nail the shot - and you will find that there are times
when Matrix metering is a life-saver.

I have it on my F100s and obviously don't have it on my Ms. Most of the time
I use the Ms, and most of the time when I use the F100s I use them on the
"M" - for Manual - exposure metering with the 1 degree spot. But there are
those times - admittedly rare with the kind of shooting I do - when I am
definitely happy that I have Matrix metering.

B. D.

Replies: Reply from Jesse Hellman <hellman@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] spot AE (was M7 Metering))
Reply from Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org> (Re: [Leica] spot AE (was M7 Metering))