Subject: Re: Green bananas Re: [Leica] M7 Purchases: Hands Up
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 17:50:21 -0600

on 3/31/02 1:35 PM, Dante Stella at dante@umich.edu wrote:

> Mehrdad is right that there is little benefit.  But the reason is not
> related to price: it's the functionality.  A lot of people see an extra
> $1,000 in value added to the new M7.

Where do you get $1000? I see $400 now or $600 when the rebate kicks in?
unless there are already price drops plus the upcoming rebates...I'm
comparing new bodies w/ 3yr passport warrantys...

IMO AE is worth that amount if I was making my initial investment into Leica
or getting a second body. All the extras you want are meaningless in the
comparison because they aren't offered. So the question is are the actual
differences worth the $$. Although you say it's not about the $$ if you went
into a store and the M7 was $400 more than the M6 would you buy it or not
due to it not having the extra functionality you wanted... Basically
wondering if you find the AE any value at all or none...

- --
John Straus
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com