Subject: Re: [Leica] Did Leica miss the boat on the M7 viewfinder?
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 23:36:04 -0600

on 4/4/02 3:46 PM, jfrankel at jeff.frankel@verizon.net wrote:

>> From what I can tell, Leica did not use a zoom view finder on the new M7.
> Was this a mistake?
> Could they have ushered in a new generation of M zoom lenses?
> Could they have made a zoom viewfinder that would have been backwards
> compatible with existing lenses?
> It seems to me that a new M number would be a good time to take this quantum
> leap.

I'm surprised 8 hrs later and not one of you Leica peeps stated the most
important thing against a zoom VF. Not only would it take 10X the parts
(slight exaggeration) but it would be DARKer...

Don't you like how bright your VF is now...cuz it wouldn't be if they made
it a zoom...
- --
John Straus
Chicago, IL