Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: the fling is over/my search has ended
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 20:01:05 -0500

At 06:27 PM 3/31/02 -0500, you wrote:
>The only thing I can think of as to why that might be is that I use the
>Fair Lawn, NJ lab. It's been there for 30 years, at least, and they do a
>lot of pro work from NYC. The mailers I have have Fair Lawn's address
>pre-printed. I believe some require you to put in the address. If so, I'd
>put in the Fair Lawn address. In 20 years, they have never destroyed any
>of my film.
>
>Allan

Allan -

Mine were all sent to the Fair Lawn, NJ lab. They ruined many rolls before
I finally gave up.   I have the form letters from Kodak in my files:  "We
are sorry to inform you that........"  It's usually that the processor
broke down or the power went off or the film cutter malfunctioned and
sliced all of the slides in half or no reason.  Just that several of the
rolls were ruined and they are enclosing a voucher for free rolls of
film.  Whoopee.  Never mind that they were irreplaceable slides that I
traveled to Iraq to take.

You have been very lucky.  Everyone I know has had film ruined by Kodak.

Never again.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com