Subject: Re: [Leica] For Those Kiwis (and Maybe Aussies) Out There
From: "Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 08:57:45 -0500

Jim:  Thanks so very much.  The images were truly wonderful.  I note that
you used your R8.  Might you share with us, if you can recall, what metering
method you used for the bulk of the pictures?  There has been much
discussion of matrix metering recently.  Did you simply use the matrix
setting, put the R8 on P, and fire away?  Some of the situations had
difficult lighting...a challenge for most of us.  To be able to use the
matrix and P would be a relief...sure of obtaining the image without
worrying.  Don't mean to offend, of course, those of us who usually use
manual.

Thanks again.

Elliot

<SNIP>