Subject: Re: [Leica] For Those Kiwis (and Maybe Aussies) Out There
From: "James R. Nelon" <jnelon@netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 09:51:31 +0800

All of the images in the New Zealand section were taken on T (Shutter
priority) using Matrix Metering. I like to use T so that I can be sure
to keep the shutter speed high enough to eliminate shake on the theory
that you can have all the depth of field that you need by using A, but
if the whole thing is blurred due to too slow a shutter speed, you've
lost the shot. It's obviously a balancing act, as you know. About 5% of
the time, I'll use Spot metering when the light is really tricky. But
it's amazing how accurate the meter is even when shooting into the sun
with huge light differences. I now sit back, relax and let the R8 tell
me the settings. And that's an amazing camera. Now I can concentrate on
the eyes if it's a portrait or the setting if it's a landscape.

Jim Nelon
Hong Kong