Subject: [Leica] Piezography paper recommendations
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@idea-processing.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:01:05 -0800

I've gotten my continuous inking system up on the Epson 1280 and it's a
joy! But I'm overwhelmed by the amount of paper out there. I'm wondering
what folks who are doing piezo have found to be the best? The sample sheets
that came with the kit aren't enough to really give a flavor for what's
possible - I mean it takes one just align the printer properly for the
paper.

How do you handle this alignment thing? Only use one kind of paper? Align
every day? Every time you turn on the printer? I find that on the Epson
Heavyweight Matt paper that there's a color tinge toward the green, at
least compared to a silver-gel print. Is this a system flush issue? I just
need to flush the cartridge more (I did a substantial amount of color
printing on this printer before converting it).

If this is too un-Leica feel free to reply off list. If people are
interested in the outcome I can summarize the results and post them to the
list.

Thanks

Adam

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (RE: [Leica] Piezography paper recommendations (off-topic))