Subject: Re: [Leica] Did Leica miss the boat on the M7 viewfinder?
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 18:12:34 -0800 (PST)

Focusing very fast long lenses is a problem
if you have high res optics and want to make
large prints. With a long enough base and
magnification you could focus them more accurately
than you could with the eye through a viewfinder.
This is right up Leitz' alley if the should choose
to develop it.

As for the M system being near useless,
if you call being limited to focal lengths from 15 to
135 and no CV zooming useful, stick with it.  As for
me, I like to take long shots on occasion without
having to bring along a second system.;-))Finally, ask
yourself why about 90% of the people on this list have
another system, usually reflex and it's usually their
primary system.
Later
Javier