Subject: [Leica] M7 heaven! :-) UPDATE.
From: "Robert Rose" <RJR@usip.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 10:17:11 -0800

The AE lock inthe M7 only works for 1 frame.  If you use the winder, the
second frame will have the exposure from the composed image.

Here is how you do want Dan wants in an M7:  Twist the dial to the
speed you want and twiddle the aperture until you are happy, then shoot
away in M6 TTL simulator mode. ;-)
========
Dan Cardish wrote:
But the metering in the Leica was not designed for spur of the moment
shooting, Ted's success with it notwithstanding.  It is *selective*
metering, which means in general you must be selective in what you
meter.
In my case, this means finding something in the scene, or nearby to
meter
off of, set the exposure, and then begin shooting, perhaps many
exposures,
before worrying about changing the exposure.

I'm not certain how to do this easily in an M7.

Dan C.