Subject: Re: [Leica] Don's PAW 13
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 07:19:23 +0200

Don,

Really nice image. The boy's skin looks a bit too white on my monitor, but that
is minor. The way his face is framed by the leg and hand of the nanny is
wonderful.

To make you feel better about your camera mishaps: one day about 10 days ago the
sky over the lake outside my house was particularly dramatic, so I grabbed my
Rolleiflex, a good tripod, and proceeded to shoot a roll of Fuji Acros with
yellow and red filters. After pulling the roll from the tank to dry it I was
shocked to discover that it was completely clear. I knew I had not made any
mistakes with the chemicals, and that I had not inadvertently developed an
unexposed roll, so I examined the Rolleiflex and discovered that the leaf
shutter was not opening at all. It is so quiet that I had not noticed while
shooting the 12 frames that it was not functioning. The other day I picked up my
Rolleiflex from the repair shop; it now has a "good-as-new" shutter and I am 360
CHF ($220 or so) poorer...

Nathan