Subject: [Leica] Re: Michael's PAW 14
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 06:18:26 -0600

Michael:

>"Awaiting Parole," at
>http://home.earthlink.net/~geeman1066/14.jpg

Seems kind of washed out on my monitor.  The crib takes on a cyan cast up
near the upper left, too.  The highlights in your daughters hair also show a
cyan cast.

Could just be difference in our monitors.  I took out a bit of the cyan and
adjust the contrast slightly, and this one looks better to me on my monitor:

http://canid.com/pics/14_michael.jpg

I don't like the yellow and blue object that's hanging over the rails in the
background.  The colors really contrast with the red outfit and draw my
attention to them.  Why did you use color?  What did you want the color to
say?

I think it might work just as well in B&W without the color:

http://canid.com/pics/14_michael_bw.jpg

(except this isn't a good B&W translation.  I just desaturated the color
rather than taking the time to adjust each color channel to make the best
B&W image.)

I like the overall composition and quality of light.  Only being able to see
the kid's one eye is somewhat disturbing to me.  Maybe getting closer and
using a wider lens would allow you to get both eyes in a slit.

Eric