Subject: RE: [Leica] R8 user a winner!
From: John Bohner <johnbohner@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 15:53:26 -0800

Frank (Frank Filippone red735i@earthlink.net )
asks about the Alabama Hills....

The last few times I have been out that way, I got clear ( like in NO
clouds) days.....  Where have you been hiding the clouds?

I understand your frustration Frank.  All that big, beautyfull blue sky.
Miles and miles and miles of clear moisture free air. No rain, no sleet, no
endless flat hazy clouds. Its boring isn't it. So I'll let you in on a
secret.  But only 'cause you are in the LUG.  You can phone ahead to the
California State Department of Fish and Wildflowers Bureau, Eastern Sierra
Division, Department of Tourism and Filming, Weather Control desk.  Ask for
Panamint Pete.  PP is in charge of scheduling backdrop clouds.  He can tell
you when the next set of cumulus, cirrus, nimbus etc are scheduled to be
used for some big budget movie.  He is quite partial to homebrew beer but
hates single malt scotch.  For the right honorarium he just might rearrange
the schedule a bit for you.  Ah...don't tell him my name...I did't tell you
this...I was never here
no archive
Or you could paint small dabs of white paint near the top of your lens to
render out of focus clouds.

Or you could try and arrange a shoot with Stasys in which case you might
not care if there are clouds or not (:-}

Cheers
John Bohner
http://home.earthlink.net/~johnbohner/analog/paw/index.htm