Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome 200 professional still available
From: "Aram Langhans" <langhans@yakima-wa.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 17:45:42 -0700

When I was in Seattle last week I picked up a copy of the free rag called
PhotoMedia at a camera store.  There is an item that I will quote.  Maybe it
has been stated here, but the last I remember reading about on the LUG is
that it was being discontinued.  So, here is what it says.

Kodachrome 200 film still available in U.S.

has reevaluated its decision to discontinue the production of Kodachrome 200
professional film.  Eastman Kodak has announced that it will continue to
offer the transparency film in the US and European markets at a price that
will justify its ongoing production.  Due to the shrinking demand resulting
from digital substitution and introduction of new films, Kodachrome 200 film
was to be discontinued this year.

Kodachrome 200 professional film will continue to be available from Europe
and US based dealers of Kodak Professional photography products in
36-exposures, 35mm rolls.  Starting Jan. 1, 2002, the suggested US list
price has become $23.50 per roll.

End quote.

$23.50????  Man, that is steep.  Current B&H price is $13.00.  Don't know
what the list price is now.  I'm a K64 man, so I am not sure if that
includes processing.  My guess is "no".  I guess the "price that will
justify its ongoing production" will also insure its demise.

Aram

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Kodachrome 200 professional still available)