Subject: [Leica] Student discount program? A suggestion
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 08:03:42 -0500

Matthew,
   I feel your pain.  I'm an employee at a medium-sized university,
and I too would love to see educational discounts for Leica.  In the
US, they do not.

However, here is what I do.  I buy used Leicas and lenses.   My M6
came to me new via insurance , after my  CLE was stolen, but all my
lenses have serial numbers denoting 25-30 years of age.  My R3 is 28
years old.  My CLE is 30 years old.

My friend Dr. John Shaw,  Physics Prof at the Louisiana School for
Science Math and Arts next door, just showed me his prized new
purchase, a 40 year old M2.

Take a look at my website and see what 30 year old glass can do.
http://www.sonc.com

Meanwhile, I'll remain grateful we have faculty / staff parking lots
here at the University.  I'd  hate to park my 20 year old Ford truck
in with the student's BMWs, Preludes, and Mustangs.

Regards,

Sonny in Natchitoches

/unsub.html

Message from "Matthew Powell" <mlpowell@directvinternet.com> (Re: [Leica] Has Leica ever offered a student discount program?)