Subject: Re: [Leica] going digital WAS full time photogs
From: John Brownlow <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 09:17:23 -0400

On 4/8/02 11:23 PM, "John Collier" <jbcollier@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Why bother switching if what you are using works? It is the resulting
> images that count, not the process(es) to make them. I plan on using
> Tri-X for a long time as it works for me too.

The thing is that digital can be better. I know this sounds like heresy, but
even the pictures from a CoolPix 5000 can have a quality to them that film
cannot achieve. This is particularly true in color in marginal or low light.
Moreover, at print sizes up to about 8x10 in this camera the images look
remarkably like large format. Photographers do not turn to digital merely
out of convenience or expedience but because it some respects it represents
a genuine extension of the tools available to us.

However as Tina says don't take them out in the rain.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] going digital WAS full time photogs)