Subject: RE: [Leica] 2 quick replies
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@idea-processing.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 08:44:15 -0700

On 4/9/02 B. D. Colen  wrote:

>The reality is that digital is here. Film will coexist with it for a while.
>But the present is fast becoming the future, and without any doubt what so
>ever, the future is digital - except for a handful of hobbyists and maybe a
>few documentary shooters.
>
>B. D.
>Who Is Not Happy About This, But Can Tell When A Train Is About To Run Him
>Over

I certainly hear this argument. But I believe that for the purposes of art the
silver process will be around for years to come for one reason alone: it's hand
made. Like the cymbals. Like a painting.

The market that recognizes that difference, however, will be small.

Eventually digital will catch up and everyone will snicker at the limited
resolution of film.

And yet . . . as a thoroughly digital guy the allure of the analog world is
quite strong.

Adam Bridge