Subject: [Leica] Re: Has Leica ever offered a student discount program?
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 14:53:40 -0500

Ted:

>If the student does find the he/she likes using the RF and would prefer
>to have a Leica M,  what would depreciation do to the resale value of
>the Bessa R2 one or two years from now?  Do you think it would be offset
>by the depreciation (based on a percentage of the current value of both
>cameras) on a Leica M (say an M6 TTL) during the same period?

The loss he'd take on the resale of the Bessa would be much less than the
credit card interest a starving student would be paying on his Leica
purchase.  :)

Methinks most students (I didn't say all) would benefit more from buying a
cheaper body and using the extra cash for film and developing.  I can't
think of many good reasons why a student needs a $2000 camera body.  Whether
it's a Leica M6/R8, Nikon F5, or Canon EOS.

Eric

Message from "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@harbornet.com> (Re: [Leica] Has Leica ever offered a student discount program?)