Subject: Re: [Leica] 2 quick replies
From: Gary Elshaw <godard@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:20:56 +1200

Adam wrote:

> Once theaters start putting in digital projectors...there'll be an even
> greater reason to go to an all digital production.

I wonder if this is actually going to be analogous to the coming of sound.
Competing processes and lots of money involved in the transition, frequently
needing studio backing for the theatre's to install the new equipment. It
took a great deal of time (and some very big dolleros in R&D) to get the
standardisation and quality there.

It's gonna be interesting!

Cheers,
Gary
"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of
youthful dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were the
passive conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during adolescence."

                                            The Uses of Disorder
                                      Personal Identity and City Life
                                            -- Richard Sennett

OO