Subject: [Leica] Thanks and scanner recommendation
From: Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:04:01 -0500

I wanted to thank all the LUGers who gave me
advice before on lenses, and let the folks know
that I took the advice of the majority opinion.
I recently acquired a 90mm Elmarit 2.8 lens that
I used to take this week's PAW
http://home.earthlink.net/~geeman1066/15.jpg
(yes, this is a shameless PAW plug for those who
haven't already seen it) and I've been very
pleased.  I paid $340 for this lens which had
only minor barrel scratches and clean glass.
Hope I found a good price.
I want to ask some more advice.  I'm comparing
the Epson Perfection 1650 Photo Scanner to the
Epson Perfection 2450.  The former has 1600x3200
dpi scan capability, the latter 2400x4800.
Everything else about them seems to be the same,
but the 2450 costs more than twice as much.
Given how fast technology changes, is it worth
paying more than twice as much for the 2450, or
should I go for the cheaper one and figure I'll
update in a few years? Advice is appreciated,
particularly from those who have used these two
scanners.
Regards,
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net