Subject: [Leica] pablo is real!
From: Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:08:42 -0500

Kyle,
    Wonderful photograph.  I like the blur in
the picture; it reminds me of a LeRoy Neiman
painting in the way that it captures motion.  I
also like the wistful expression on his face.
This picture seems like it is greater than the
sum of its parts.  The glare from the subway car
lights washes out the top of his head, which, I
know, in theory, is something photographers
should avoid...but I like it. The window of the
car isn't vertical, but that makes it seem as
though the train is pulling away.  I guess, in
all artistic media, it is sometimes necessary to
break the rules to create what you envision.
This seems like that sort of photograph...much
to admire here.
Regards,
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net