Subject: Re: [Leica] OT old macs
From: "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:43:02 -0400 (EDT)

you are so correct!  and the original filesystem only gave the illusion
of a hierarchical filesystem; you could not have more than one file
called "foo.bar" on a disk, even if in different folders.

i had the original mac, then a plus, then an SE (20 MB hard drive!!),
then a beige G3 (color!!) then the ibook.  i bought my first leica M6
between the SE and the G3, and my second M6 between the G3 and the ibook.

by the time i had moved onto the mac plus, i was using telnet and
"dark castle" exclusively as my productivity tools.  and some kind of
project planner as befitting the middle-manager bureaucrat i was at the time.

- -rei

> From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
>
> Same here, but not through Columbia. The floppy was 400k not 800k
> though. 800k did not come along until the Mac 512E.
>
> John Collier
>
> On Wednesday, April 10, 2002, at 07:20 AM, Rei Shinozuka wrote:
>
> > i guess i am a little older.  my first mac was the original 1984
> > 8MHz model, 128K ram, 800K floppy and imagewriter, purchased under the
> > apple
> > university consortium (via columbia).  i think it was something like
> > $2,500.

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com