Subject: Re: [Leica] More Paris Pictures
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 00:56:59 -0300

Olivier:

The film for all the B&W pictures on the B&W page was Tmax 400 rated at
400, developed in Xtol 1:1 at Kodak's recommended time.  I use a Jobo
ATL-1000, but I also have used a Jobo tank and hand inversion.  I used
Kodak's times here as well.

All of my Paris shots were done with the M cameras.  I had two M3 , M6 and
a M6TTL.  The lenses were 35mm, 50mm, 75mm, 24mm, and 135mm.  All were
Leica lenses.  I had both a Noctilux and a 50mm Summicron along.  I used
the Summicron during the day and the Noctilux at night.  I would use the
.85 M6TTL with the 75mm Summilux and the M3 with the Noctilux for the night
shooting.  The two M3 stayed in Paris when fellow LUG members liked them
too much to let me take them home

Some of the tonality can be the scanning process.  It took me a bit of
practice to get it right.  It sometimes helps to scan in Color then in
Photoshop convert to grey scale after you get the tones close.  If you fear
the problem is your negatives, you may be too aggressive in your agitation.

Regards,

Robert

Replies: Reply from "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com> (RE: [Leica] More Paris Pictures)