Subject: Re: [Leica] Delta International - any users of this store?
From: "Frank W." <wwk001@netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 23:18:14 +0800

For a product to be regarded as 'authorized', it must be:

1. Come with International Warranty Card (i.e. Leica Passport)
2. Purchased in the country where the Warranty is issued
3. Come with proof of purchase from an 'authorized dealer'

99.9% sellers on eBay are not 'authorised dealer'. Even though they sell you
an authorized product, requirement (3) is not met and Leica (or other
vendors) will not honor the Passport.

BTW, it's not necessary to send it back to Germany for services, Leica USA
will do that with a charge.

Personally I bought both authorized and grey products. Everyone can justify
whether to enjoy 1/3 price off by giving up the 1-2 yrs warranty (with the
exception of R8's 5 yrs warranty) or not.