Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: #10 Don's daily dose of southern spring
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:45:46 -0400

At 01:22 PM 4/12/02 -0400, you wrote:
>We are only beginning to see the very earliest flowers now. Your season is
>a good month in front of ours.
>
>Very pretty. I don't believe I've ever seen Wisteria.
>
>Allan

The smell of wisteria is what is amazing and you can almost smell it
looking at Don's photo.  Faulkner used the smell of wisteria as a metaphor
for the decaying South.  It's a heavy, intoxicating grape-kool-aid kind of
smell.  I picked some last week and they have perfuming the house with the
smell of the decaying South.  I love it.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com
images available from http://www.pdiphotos.com