Subject: RE: [Leica] No! No!, Erwin!
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 14:14:55 -0800

Eddie wrote:
>> Ok, so I get it. If Erwin has some kind of relationship with
>> Leica, that would make his testing reporsts without any credibility.
>[snip]

Austin responded:
>No one questioned his credibility...that's not what I said at all.  "lending
>credibility" and "questioning credibility" are two entirely different
>things.

Just to return to the matter at hand, i.e. the cancellation of Erwin's
newsletter, the issue is not about anyone's questioning Erwin's credibility
and the legitimacy of that questioning. If it were, I suppose he would have
pulled the plug on the newsletter at that time, which was several weeks ago
if I recall.

The issue is personal attacks, name calling, and so forth, which has become
commonplace on the Lug of late. The post that seems to have broken the
camel's back refers to Erwin as god - it in no way questions his
credibility. It is simply the latest in a long line of insults that play on
his supposed apotheosis here on the Lug, and was intended I presume to
ridicule him and his "followers," whoever they might be.

Personal attacks should have no place on this list. They benefit no one,
and add nothing positive to the discussion.

I know Brian does not with to police the Lug. If I were he, I wouldn't
either, though I think I would unsubscribe the repeat offence name callers
and insulters. I don't think any of us gain anything from such adolescent
behavior.

Guy