Subject: RE: [Leica] Let's all blame B.D.
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 20:28:02 -0400

> > Read what I wrote...I said "THERE WAS NO WAY TO RESPOND TO THE
> LIST", and
> > that is absolutely true.  That doesn't mean you couldn't email Erwin and
> > discuss something...but you could not discuss it ON THE LIST.
>
> But it wasn't a list austin...

Tim,

It was in fact a list, just a ONE WAY email list.  A LIST of people that
receive the same email IS a mailing list, whether the content was called a
"newsletter" or not, and whether you can respond "on list" or not.  The
"list" is the list of email subscribers.

I believe it was hosted by the same host as our LUG, and it used majordomo.
And to quote from the Majordomo FAQ "Majordomo is a program which automates
the management of Internet mailing lists."

AND to quote Erwin in his introduction to APEMC:

"> Many of you expresed the wish that this list should not evolve into a
> discussion group. So would I."

It was a mailing list.

I don't understand how or why you are even arguing about this, or what the
intent of your argument, right or wrong, is.

Austin

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Let's all blame B.D.)