Subject: Re: [Leica] 50/2.8 Elmar Collapsible
From: "Christopher Williams" <LeicaChris@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 23:09:34 -0500

As a person who prefers the older Leitz glass, I actually think the 50/2.8
is one of the best lenses Leica made. It's sharper than the older 50/2.8,
though a little too much contrast for me.
I shoot b&w 90% of the time and can adjust contrast in the darkroom so I
tend to use the older less contrast lenses.

I like the weight to the 50/2.8. Nice and heavy like the old lenses.

And this is the only real affordable new Leica lens if you are on a budget.
You know how it goes, bought a new M6, a bit short on money for a lens......

Chris Williams
New Orleans
www.zoeicaimages.com

- --Jeff, maybe we could start a NOLA 50mm user group!