Subject: [Leica] Re: Thought for the day: racist jokes on LUG
From: Allan Wafkowski <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 16:37:14 -0400

Let's be serious. It was a poor joke, but It carried no hatred. By one
definition, it would be accurate to call the war between the   Israelis
and the Palestinians racist. To call the bad joke racist is absurd.
Racism is a very strong word that means hating a person down to his very
bloodline; a true belief that the other person is somehow less then
human. Hitler and Malcom X were racist, the teller of that joke is not.

Do you know why you get called a liberal if you protest? Because
liberals have faulty senses of humor, and are too quick to see people in
the poorest light, and foolishly see themselves as having some special
understanding when they are more often just parroting what they read or
heard, without serious thought. When YOU stop hating those who differ
with you, you might  understand that people have different ideas that
are not as hateful as you think.

Allan

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Thought for the day: racist jokes on LUG)
Reply from "Don" <don.ro@verizon.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Thought for the day: racist jokes on LUG)