Subject: [Leica] WAS: Stop sulking Erwin ! AND ALL THE OTHER POSTS REFERING TO THIS .
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 22:44:01 -0700

Brian Reid wrote:
>>> Whenever I quit an email group in anger, depression, frustration, or
whatever, I just quit, without telling anyone. I recommend that technique.
Just go. And if you want to come back, come back.<<

Brian,
very well said.

There are two ways of making a departure, probably several, as I've just
returned to my machine of 545 LUG e-mails of some, well whatever.

One can depart in silence creating a sound so loud it becomes deafening
because they are actually missed due to their interesting or controversial
postings. This inturn makes some folks feel bad because the poster no longer
contributes.  It works like this "Silence is a very powerful weapon!"
Basically without saying it the poster says it all with his or her
silence... "Stick it in your ear!" And for me, this is the class act
departure.

The other departure is to leave after posting scathing comments and revenge
type blather that falls on deaf ears, because this type of indignation and
outrage only begets the departed more ripping comments in return,
accomplishing nothing more than 545 posts of teen agers blathering on about
who did what to whom ad nauseum retorts that don't accomplish anything.

That's all, as I'm just a little tired after an 880 klms drive home today!
Oh yeah in snow, sleet, slush and slippery highways. So good night guys and
gals, hopefully I'll awake to a softer, gentler, kinder  Leica world !
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Message from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] Stop sulking Erwin !)