Subject: [Leica] Re: Flying with fiim
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:15:08 -0500

John:

>I also as an experiment reformatted a card (having downloaded the pix) and
>then tried to rescue the pictures. I was able to rescue the images with no
>problem. So it may be harder than you think to lose all the images.

That's not really a good test.  Usually, all reformatting does is to change
some bits to say, "this space is free."  The actual data isn't erased.  So
it's not like it is recovering files that have become corrupted.

Eric

Message from John Brownlow <lists@johnbrownlow.com> (Re: [Leica] Flying with fiim)